Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Reading Rainbow

Two runs a day this week has been standard. I wake, I run. I write lots of papers, I go to over priced classes, I get coffee and Beers, I run. I write more paper and read more books, I sleep.

And why do I have time for this now when my class load is heavier than any other time in my life? I have given up friends. Who needs them anyway? When I run or when I study I am challenged. When I am with my friends I listen to sarcastic jokes while sitting on a couch in GR. It's like the PBS show "reading rainbow" - "Friends to know-a, ways to grow-a, take a look it's in a book, a reading rainbow. I can go anywhere, I can be anything..."

Books present the challenges and adventures that my friends and I cannot find on our own. Running is the ony challenge that I can enjoy compleatly on my own. I do not need to depend on anyone else to provid the nessisary means of adventure. When I run, I feel the wind. When I read or write I am no longer in a chair alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home