Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Dear Runner

Hey, thanks for registering. 2006 should be a great year for
the Grand Rapids Marathon. Our whole marathon staff is excited
to have you run with us, and we're all working hard to give you
the best marathon experience ever.

So, keep training, and we'll see you in October.

and the adventure continues....
Don Kern
Race Director


I ran 18.5 yesterday. I had a runners high and I hit the wall in the same run. I vomited twice and cried from the pain when i got home. Then i drank alot of beer and felt much better.

I started the run alone and almost quit after only 3 miles. Then i saw lynell just ahead of me on the road. She ended up doing about 9 miles with me. What a difference it makes to have someone running next to me; someone in a different spot in her training yet still working for the same end.

This is what christianity is, when it hurts like hell and all i want it to give up someone is there running next to me, feeling my pain. When its all over and the tears dry up, someone is there ready to celebrate with me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home